0 1 min 9 mths

A two-year-old girl swallowed a potentially deadly dose of fantasy, but her parents waited more than three hours to call an ambulance, instead searching the internet for what to do, a court has been told.

In the South Australian District Court on Tuesday, the toddler’s parents were jailed after pleading guilty to criminal neglect.

The 27-year-old mother and the 29-year-old father were both daily drug users at the time of the incident in 2020.

“Both of you failed in your duty of care towards your daughter by having illicit drugs in places to which she could have access,” Judge Fuller said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *